~ to help you on your recovery journey from Chronic Pain ~
The first step in recovery is understanding how your mind and body are connected. Here are some resources to help get you started.
Understanding the links between Stress, Emotions and Health
Taking the first steps to reducing your stress response...
- John Sarno pioneered the TMS or mind-body concept in the 1970's and, since then, has used it to help thousands of people recover from chronic health conditions.
- TMS Wiki is a huge resource for information on TMS and recovery stories. A great place to start is by searching your symptom and reading how others have recovered using a mind-body approach.
- SIRPA (Stress Illness Recovery Practitioners Association) was set up in the UK by physiotherapist Georgie Oldfield to provide information and training on mind-body conditions and how to treat them.
- TMS - The Mindbody Syndrome facebook page discussing all things mind-body and TMS
- All The Rage - a documentary about Dr Sarno, emotions and health
- Heal - a film about the power of the mind
- This Might Hurt - exploring evidence-based treatments for chronic neck and back pain
- Flippin Arthritis - a public health campaign dedicated to flipping people's ideas about chronic pain and arthritis
- 'The Divided Mind' and 'Healing Back Pain' by John Sarno
- 'Biology of Belief' by Bruce Lipton
- 'Chronic Pain - your key to Recovery' by Georgie Oldfield
- 'They can't find anything Wrong' by David Clarke
- 'When the body says no: exploring the stress-disease connection' by Gabor Mate
- 'Childhood Disrupted' by Donna Jackson Nakazawa
- 'Unlearn your Pain' by Howard Schubiner
- 'Back in Control' by David Hanscom
- 'The Way Out: A Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven Approach to Healing Chronic Pain' by Alan Gordon
- 'The Great Pain Deception' by Steve Ozanich
- 'The Body Keeps the Score' by Bessel van der Kolk
- 'The Myth of Normal' by Gabor Mate
- 'Forgive for Good' by Fred Luskin